Wednesday 9 February 2011

My First Time to be a Substitute Teacher


The head teacher came to our class and told all of us that our teacher was sick."Therefo
re, I am going to choose a student to teach the class, today". To my surprise he chose me! So, I went up to the whiteboard and I was trembling. I was very scared because I had never taught anyone before, so I didn't know what I supposed to do. At first I tried to get everyone attention, but no one listened to me, I was very angry so I screamed out loud then everyone was looking at me.

After that, I told them to take out our homework from last week and I asked them that did they do that homework. Consequently, no one had done that homework. I was very disappointed, then they explained to me why they didn't do that homework. They said it was very difficult and the teacher
didn't explain it very well. Then I started to explain them how to do the homework again very clearly so they could understand.

Later on, I taught them some new lessons then told them to do some exercises from the book. While they were doing the exercises I decided to think of something to entertain them, but it must be connected to the lessons and everyone could have fun. Then I came up with something, we could play games that connected with the lessons and if someone won, he/she could win a special prize. This would sound challenging, everyone would think that studying was fun and excit
ing then they wanted to study more.

There was a problem I had never created games before, so I was very worried then I started to calm down and brainstormed for the best solution. After that, I found one after everyone had done their exercises I brought up the games that I could think of then we had fun together. Finally, it was almost time to go home, everyone told me that I was a very good teacher who could come up with a great idea to mix games and lessons together. I felt relief and very happy who knew teaching could be so much fun. In that case, being a substitute teacher wasn't so bad after all.

4 comments:

  1. I hope my writing is interesting...........
    From: Lylin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, interesting!

    Good story, good grammar!

    Maybe you can teach the class again next week!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes your writting is good,what grade did you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  4. kindergarten jk I didn't teach any grade but if u mean the story I think it would be the primary.
    From: Lylin

    ReplyDelete